5 Top Tips for Restful Sleep
1) Keep your bedroom clutter free – dirty washing, piles of paperwork, strewn shoes everywhere is distracting for us when we want to sleep. It helps hugely to protect your sleeping space, so that it can truly be a place of peace and tranquility and support you in getting good rest.
2) Turn down the temperature – Studies have shown that the ideal temperature for sleeping is 15-20°C (60-68 Fahrenheit). Many with disturbed sleep experience an increase in body temperature at night and therefore struggle to fall asleep if the room is too hot. Try turning down the heat.
3) Keep a journal by your bed and write down anything playing on your mind before you try to nod off. Get your thoughts down on paper so you can release them from your mind.
4) Draw a picture – give yourself permission to doodle in any way you please before bed - your subconscious will thank you for it. Choose whatever colours you feel drawn to and allow them to swirl, twirl and make patterns on the page. This helps us subconsciously process any unfinished business from the day and settle down for some zzzz’s.
5) Notice your thoughts – it is impossible to stop thinking completely, in fact doing this will only mean we think even more! Instead, after completing steps 1-4, notice any remaining thoughts as they come in, allow them to float by like clouds in the sky, observe them as they meander along, then just as easily allow them to float away again. Keep doing this, and before you know it, you will be in a deep slumber.
Missed my midnight newsletter?
Here’s the link to it: https://mailchi.mp/jaynemorris.com/stepintospring2023
Please do forward on to anyone you think might find it helpful.
#sleep #insomnia#burnout #StressAwarenessMonth#stress #burnoutcoach