Super Start Your Day with a Power-Shout
The Power-Shout is based on energy building techniques taken from the martial arts and can be used at the start of each day to help you gain fresh perspective, connect to your intuition and focus your intentions for the day ahead. I use it to help clients clear their energy and power-up from the inside out. The Power-Shout helps you tap into your inner guidance system to help you prioritise your day and be more productive. This technique re-energises you, re-connects you to your inner wisdom and re-activates your sense of personal power.
I recommend using the Power-Shout each morning to help you step into your power and focus on the most important things you need to get done, so that you can let go of all the smaller things and trust that they’ll fall into place.
Power-Shout 5 Simple Steps:
1. Stand with your feet apart, knees slightly bent and relax your body.
2. Close your eyes and take three deep breaths in. Turn your attention inwards and allow yourself to breath right down into the bottom of your abdomen. Expanding your lungs completely and expelling all the stale air you’ve been holding inside.
3. Get a sense of the energy at your core, the area just beneath your rib cage. You may sense this as a certain colour or shape and feel it moving. Notice how positive and energising it feels and imagine expanding it slowly to fill your entire body. Then expand it so that it completely surrounds you as if you are in a zorbing ball filled with your energy.
4. To power-up your energy with your next breath, connect with that sense of energy in your sternum and as you breathe out expel the energy as fast and powerfully as you can, with your breath. It will make a strange sound. To increase your power try verbalising the sound 5 times, making a deep noise “eee-ah” each time you breathe out, progressively getting louder and louder each time. In Japanese, this sound is called “Ki-Ai” which means “energy out” or “energy focus”.
5. After your fifth out breath you will feel your energy is clearer and stronger. Gently wiggle your fingers and toes and open up your eyes. You will be more in tune with your body and find you can approach your day with a fresh perspective, feeling revitalised and ready for a fantastic day ahead!
Click to play video